Gekko Changes in Valorant Patch 6.05: New Ability Update, Bug Fixes, and More
Valorant’s latest agent, Gekko, was released just a week ago on March 7th, and has already created quite a buzz among the community. One of the primary reasons for this excitement is his ‘Wingman’ ability, which allows him to plant or defuse the spike on behalf of the player. However, as with most new agents, Gekko Valorant was initially overpowered, and numerous bugs began to surface as players started to use him more frequently.
Fortunately, the vigilant developers at Valorant have addressed these issues in the latest Patch 6.05, which was released on March 14th. In this update, various changes were made to Gekko’s abilities, as well as several bug fixes. Here is a comprehensive list of all the Gekko-related changes in Patch 6.05.
Gekko’s Abilities and Changes: Valorant Patch 6.05 Update
Improved Accuracy for Wingman’s Planting and Defusing Abilities
One of the most significant changes in Patch 6.05 is the improvement of Wingman’s ability to accurately plant and defuse the spike, especially when targeting higher locations. This enhancement will undoubtedly make the ability more reliable and useful in the game.
Added Audio Variations for Mosh Pit Explosions
Audio variations have been added to the Mosh Pit explosions, making it easier for players to identify when the ability is being used and to react accordingly.
Improved Audio for Dizzy
The audio for Dizzy has been improved to help players identify whether the ability is approaching them or their teammates while in the air.
Added Visual Effects for Reclaiming Orbs
A visual effect has been added to signify when Gekko is reclaiming an orb (used ability) and when the process has completed. Additionally, visuals for the used ability orbs by the enemy Gekko have also been improved.
Improved Performance During Agent Select Phase
Performance during the agent select phase has been improved, making the selection process faster and smoother.
Gekko Valorant Bug Fixes
In addition to the above changes, numerous bugs related to Gekko and his abilities were fixed, including:
- Fixed a bug where Wingman was not taking melee damage.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman’s torso would not trigger Cypher’s Trapwire (C).
- Fixed a bug where damage from Mosh Pit was avoidable while crouch jumping in the pit.
- Fixed a bug where Gekko was not able to plant in Spike Rush if Wingman was stopped from planting.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong animation played while casting Wingman.
- Fixed a bug where ally Gekko’s orbs were showing up as white outside of custom Replication.
- Fixed UI (user interface) on Gekko’s ultimate staying on screen if the round ended while you were possessing Thrash.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman was not able to defuse the Spike after using Swap Team command in a Custom game.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman plant casting allowed him to run too far of a distance if launched in midair.
- Fixed multiple animation issues across all abilities.
- Fixed display name of ‘Mosh Pit’ showing up as ‘Mosh’s Pit’.
Performance Updates and Social System Bugs
Patch 6.05 also included several performance updates and fixes for issues related to the game’s overall gameplay and social system.
The latest Valorant Patch 6.05 brought several exciting changes to the game, primarily related to the new agent Gekko. The improvements to Wingman’s ability, along with various bug fixes, will undoubtedly make the game more enjoyable and reliable for Valorant players.