Gaining insight into your FPS (frames per second) and latency can be crucial in identifying and resolving performance issues in Diablo 4, especially considering its status as a new game. Fortunately, there are simple methods to check these metrics and ensure a smooth gaming experience. This article will guide you through the process, offering different approaches to displaying FPS and latency.
How to show FPS in Diablo 4 and check your latency
Method 1: In-Game Display
Diablo 4 provides an integrated feature that allows you to easily check your FPS and latency. By using a straightforward keyboard combination, you can access this information in no time.
- Launch Diablo 4 and enter the game.
- Press the CTRL+R keys simultaneously.
- Look to the bottom left corner of your screen to view your FPS.
- To switch and display latency instead, press CTRL+R again.
- Press CTRL+R once more to hide the numbers completely.
By following these steps, you can quickly ascertain your FPS and latency without any additional software.
Method 2: Utilizing Graphics Software
Alternatively, you can leverage the software provided by your graphics card manufacturer to access FPS data through an overlay. This method allows for a comprehensive system overview, including FPS statistics.
For NVIDIA users:
- Launch the GeForce Experience app.
- Locate the in-game overlay option.
- Under the Performance tab, select the “FPS” option.
- Enable the overlay to track your FPS while playing Diablo 4.
For AMD users:
- Open the Radeon software.
- Activate the in-game overlay feature.
- This will grant you the ability to monitor your FPS during gameplay.
By using these manufacturer-specific tools, you can have a detailed understanding of your system’s performance and ensure optimal gaming conditions.
By following the methods outlined above, you can easily display your FPS and check your latency in Diablo 4.