Valorant is a popular 5v5 tactical-based FPS game developed by Riot Games. The game offers exciting gameplay where you have to attack and defend your side using weapons and abilities. With only one life per round, you need to think faster than your opponent. Valorant offers multiple game modes, including competitive, unranked, deathmatch, and spike rush. Each mode comes with unique gameplay, making it more exciting to play. However, some players have reported facing issues while downloading or updating Valorant. One common problem is that the valorant stuck at 0 KB, leaving players frustrated. In this article, we’ll look at why this issue occurs and how to fix it.
Why is the Valorant Download Stuck at 0% KB?
The most common reason why the Valorant download is stuck at 0% is due to an outdated Windows version or an antivirus program preventing the download. It can also be caused by third-party software like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, or Discord.
Antivirus programs like AVG and Avast can cause downloading or updating issues, while software like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord can reduce the download speed.
How to Fix Valorant Download Stuck at 0
Here are some effective solutions to fix the Valorant download stuck at 0% issue:
Fix 1: Update Windows to the Latest Version
Updating your Windows version is the first step to fixing the Valorant download stuck at 0% issue. Follow these steps to update your Windows:
- Search for “Check for updates” using the Windows search bar.
- Select “Download & Install” to update Windows.
- Try updating or downloading Valorant again.
Note: Valorant has removed support for older versions of Windows 10. If you have an outdated version of Windows, you need to update it to play the game (source: Valorant Support).
Fix 2: Uninstall AVG or Avast Antivirus
Antivirus programs like AVG or Avast can prevent the Valorant download or update from completing. Uninstalling these programs can fix the issue. Follow these steps to uninstall AVG or Avast:
- Open the Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > AVG > Uninstall.
- Open the Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > Avast > Uninstall.
Fix 3: End the Task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord
If you have any third-party software like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, or Discord running on your system, it may cause the Valorant download to get stuck at 0%. Follow these steps to end the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord:
- Open the task manager (press CTRL + ALT + DEL on your keyboard).
- Select the “Processes” tab.
- Right-click and end the task for MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and Discord.
Fix 4: Delete VGC and VGK in CMD
If none of the above fixes work, try deleting VGC and VGK in CMD. Follow these steps:
- Search for “CMD” using the Windows search bar.
- Open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type “sc delete vgc” and press enter.
- Type “sc delete vgk” and press enter.
- Restart your PC.
- Open the File Explorer > This PC > C: Drive > Program Files > Riot Vanguard > Delete.
- Launch Valorant and try downloading or updating it again.
For More Valorant: Click Here