Valorant Patch 6.06: Gekko’s Moss Pit Ability and Lotus Map VFX Updates
Riot Games has recently announced that Valorant patch 6.06 will be arriving soon, bringing a slew of changes to the popular first-person shooter. The new update will focus mainly on Gekko’s kit, introducing changes to his Moss Pit ability, which will now deal reduced damage to objectives. The update will also bring several bug fixes and map updates, including significant VFX updates to some areas on the new map, Lotus.
One of the most notable changes coming to Gekko’s kit is the consistency of the damage done by his Moss Pit ability. This damage has been performing inconsistently with relative abilities such as KAY/O’s FRAG/ment and Breach’s Aftershock, which will now be addressed in patch 6.06. However, the damage to objectives will be reduced by 2.5x, which could affect the agent’s viability in certain situations.
Another significant change in the new patch is the updates to the Lotus map, which will receive significant VFX updates in some areas. In particular, the destructible door located between A Link to A Main will have updated destruction VFX, making it easier to see through as it falls away.
In terms of gameplay system updates, the new patch will introduce the ability to hide Agent outlines and fresnel, which is the color outline on Agents. This will be accessible through the Settings menu under “Other.”
As usual, the new patch will also bring several bug fixes, addressing various issues affecting the game. These bug fixes include preventing Wingman from concussing intangible players, fixing a bug that prevented sending whispers starting with a circumflex accent, and fixing a bug where the voice chat UI was obscured when your Agent was blinded.
Valorant patch 6.06 official notes:
1) Agent Updates
Mosh Pit (C)
- Mosh Pit’s damage to objects has been performing inconsistently with relative abilities such as KAY/O’s FRAG/ment (C) and Breach’s Aftershock (C).
- Damage to objects has reduced 2.5x >>> 1x
- Wingman will now always die if he is last alive.
- Updated the destruction VFX for the destructible door located between A Link to A Main in order to make it easier to see through as it falls away.
Gameplay System Updates
- Added the ability to hide Agent outlines and fresnel (the color outline on Agents)
- Go to Settings >> General >> Under “Other”, there is an option to toggle “Hide Outlines and Fresnel”.
2) Bug Fixes
- Wingman can no longer concuss intangible players.
- Fixed a bug preventing you from sending a whisper starting with a Circumflex Accent ^. You can now whisper cute emoticon faces to each other using ^w^.
- Fixed a bug causing ping icons to be displayed even when someone was muted. Muting someone will now properly suppress ping icons.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat UI was obscured when your Agent was blinded. You can now see, even when your Agent can’t.
- Fixed a bug where the join party button would still be active even though the party invite was no longer valid.
- Fixed a bug where when searching your friends list, the number of people a friend is in a party with would not display correctly.
- Fixed a bug where scrolling the social panel would sometimes scroll other UI elements like the Agent carousel.
- Fixed a bug where the friends list was obscured when auto-reject friend requests was enabled.
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. To stay up-to-date with the latest news and articles around RE4 Remake, we kindly recommend following The Esports Today on Google News.