If you’re an avid Valorant player, you might have come across the VAL 5 error code while playing the game. It can be frustrating to encounter an error that prevents you from playing, but the good news is that VAL 5 is not a permanent problem. In this article, we will discuss what the VAL 5 error code is and how you can fix it.
What is this error code in Valorant?
The VAL 5 error code in Valorant is a connectivity issue that occurs when the game loses connection to the server. The error message appears as “The game has lost connection. Please relaunch the client or restore connectivity. Error Code: VAL 5.” The most common reason for this error is server maintenance by Riot Games, the developer of Valorant. This can happen during peak hours when the servers are overloaded or when there is scheduled maintenance before a patch.
How to fix Val 5 Error in Valorant?
There are several fixes you can try if you encounter the VAL 5 error code in Valorant:
- Check the server status: The first step is to check the server status of Valorant. If the servers are down for maintenance, wait for the maintenance to complete, and then try playing the game. You can check the server status by visiting the Riot Games Service Status website.
- Log out from all devices: If someone else has logged into your account while you were using it, you will have to log out of all devices. This will prevent any conflicts and ensure that you are the only one using your account.
- Restart client, PC, and router: A quick reboot of the client, PC, and router can sometimes fix the error. Make sure to close all the programs before restarting.
- Run Valorant as administrator: Right-click on the Valorant icon and select the Compatibility tab. Here, select the ‘Run this program as an administrator checkbox and click apply and OK.
- Reinstall Vanguard: Vanguard is Riot Games’ anti-cheat software, and it might be causing the error. Reinstalling the anti-cheat might solve the issue.
- Update network drivers and close unnecessary programs: Updating your network drivers and closing all unnecessary programs from the Task Manager before launching the game can also fix the error.
- Contact Riot Games support: If none of the above fixes work for you, you can submit a ticket to Riot Games on its support page. They will help you resolve the issue.
In conclusion, encountering the VAL 5 error code in Valorant can be frustrating, but there are several fixes you can try to resolve the issue.
Make sure to check the server status, log out of all devices, restart your client, PC, and router, run Valorant as an administrator, reinstall Vanguard, and update your network drivers. If the error still persists, contact Riot Games support for further assistance.